Civil Engineer I - Tucson, AZ
Tucson, AZ 85701
Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria on moderately complex projects.
At the Operational and Company Level
- Work closely with more senior members to learn about and assist with civil engineering work.
Do the Work
- Conceptualize the initial civil design approach for assigned phases of large land/site development.
- Complete civil engineering work for assigned phases of large land/site development.
- Assist with the development of plans, specifications, and reports.
- Provide technical assistance in the resolution of design problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
- Works effectively with internal leaders as well as external clients.
- Have a sense of urgency in responding to constituents.
- Be self-reliant.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enrolled in or have completed coursework in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- EIT preferred.
- Minimum zero to three (0-3) years' experience in civil engineering; land/site development industry preferred.
- Experience with computer applications/ design software including Civil3D in a professional or academic setting.
- Ability to effectively participate as part of a project team.
- Indoor Work
- Lift/Carry 21-50 lbs.
- Operating Computer
- Push/Pull 26-40 lbs.
- Squat or Kneel
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.