Engineer I - Transportation - Charleston, SC
Charleston, SC 29401
Evaluate, select and apply standard traffic engineering techniques, procedures and criteria on moderately complex projects. Highway design, layout, and guidelines for roadway design and construction.
At the Operational and Company Level
- Work closely with more senior members to learn about and assist with traffic and highway / roadway design engineering work.
Do the Work
- Work side by side with the project team on your specialty in traffic projects.
- Work on various aspects of engineering projects which may include: roadway design, traffic studies, corridor studies, intersection analyses.
- access and circulation studies.
- Conduct permitting research and due diligence, prepare applications, write specifications and reports.
- Coordinate with other disciplines including environmental, hydraulics/drainage, storm water and utilities.
- Works effectively with internal leaders as well as external clients.
- Have a sense of urgency in responding to constituents.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Zero to three (0-3) Years of experience. EIT preferred.
- Academic or internship experience in traffic / transportation disciplines strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively participate as part of a project team.
- Desire, aptitude, and motivation to learn and apply new concepts.
- Experience with software such as Civil3D, MicroStation, HCS, SYNCHRO, SimTraffic, AutoTurn, GuideSIGN preferred.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam preferred.
- Indoor Work
- Outdoor Work
- Lift/Carry 21-50lbs
- Excessive Noise
- Exposure to Hazards
- Extreme Temperatures
- Reach Outward
- Reach above Shoulder
- Push/Pull 26-40lbs
- Squat or Kneel
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.