Engineer II - Transportation - Charleston, SC
Charleston, SC 29401
As a Traffic Engineer II leverage your hands-on professional engineering experience and creativity working side by side with senior engineers, clients and partners to tackle design challenges.
Leadership and Direction
- Utilize and assist less experienced staff in understanding technical policies and procedures during the execution of projects for clients.
At the Operational and Company Level
- Assist with the marketing of the firm's capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients.
Do the Work
- Prepare and lead traffic impact studies, feasibility assessments, intersection analyses, access and circulation studies.
- Manage project or direct traffic tasks on projects and monitor project progress for technical accuracy and adherence to schedule and budget.
- Prepare project reports, plans, specifications and estimate bid packages.
- Coordinate with other disciplines including environmental, hydraulics/drainage, storm water and utilities.
- May design traffic elements and prepare roadway and traffic signal plans, maintenance of traffic, pavement and signing plans.
- Drive the profitability and growth of projects.
- Be self-reliant and able to operate independently with limited direction.
- Understand and accurately interpret financial reports and metrics.
- Be a self-starter with strong marketing/business development.
- Be a "citizen" of the larger organization, breaking down barriers and silos.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Educational background in traffic engineering principles and methodologies or transportation design preferred.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years' experience in traffic engineering or related field.
- PE Registration required.
- Proficiency with HCS, SYNCHRO and SimTraffic.
- Experience with AutoCAD, MicroStation, AutoTURN, GuideSIGN preferred.
- Experience with the preparation of construction plans and/or studies for roadway or traffic projects.
- Experience directing tasks and performing QA/QC.
- Familiarity with FDOT/Federal standards and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Indoor Work
- Outdoor Work
- Lift/Carry 21-50lbs
- Excessive Noise
- Exposure to Hazards
- Extreme Temperatures
- Reach Outward
- Reach above Shoulder
- Push/Pull 26-40lbs
- Squat or Kneel
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.