CADD Drafter I - Charleston, SC
Charleston, SC 29401
Support assigned engineers, planners, landscape architects, or other technical positions by providing technical support and translating technical notes, sketches, electronic data and/or drawings into documentable technical solutions.
At the Operational and Company Level
- Work closely with more senior staff members to learn and assist in design work.
Do the Work
- Draft plans/mark-ups for the purpose of creating construction documents.
- Review all work for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting for review.
- Revise plans according to client, manager, or reviewer comments.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining all CAD or CAD related files for clients, town, or county intake.
- May assist in the responsibility of submitting plans on time.
- Ability to adhere to office CAD standards and practices.
- Obtain work assignments of either specific design elements to CAD drafting duties from project manager with allocated budgets.
- Perform non-routine and complex assignments from verbal instructions under minimum supervision.
- Be self-reliant and able to operate independently.
- Ability to ask for additional direction and assistance when needed
- Works effectively with internal leaders as well as external clients.
- Have a sense of urgency in responding to constituents.
- Have a strong element of quality control / attention to detail at all levels.
- High school diploma or GED. Associates Degree is preferred.
- College drafting courses, certificate or Associates degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of zero to three (0-3) years' drafting and engineering technician experience in the land development industry.
- Must have classroom and/or working experience with Civil 3D design software.
- Experience with computer applications and design software such as AutoCAD, Microsoft office, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in working effectively with government officials, clients, and staff members.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Indoor Work
- Operating Computer
- Lift/Carry 21-50lbs
- Push/Pull 26-40lbs
- Squat or Kneel
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.