Civil CAD Designer II - Mesa, AZ
Mesa, AZ 85209
Civil Designer II - Mesa, AZ
Do you make magic happen with AutoCAD and Civil3D? Do you play a crucial role in bringing concepts to life? Our energetic and growing Bowman's team in Mesa, AZ has an opening for a meticulous and talented CAD Designer II to bring both art and science to our civil engineering projects.
At Bowman, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That's why a career at Bowman is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved in it. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transform initial sketches and rough product designs into working documents using CAD
- Complete design work using computer aided software
- Develop and review completed civil engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Assist senior level staff or management with clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams on moderately complex project issues.
- Work closely with project manager to determine if scope of work or budgets need to be revised
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field is preferred but not required
- EIT certification preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive work experience in the infrastructure design or land development industries
- Experience with computer applications and civil engineering design software such as Civil 3D, Bentley Systems, Microsoft Office, etc. as well as a familiarity with reading construction plans
- Able to multi-task, prioritize work and work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency creating and working with TINS and 3D surfaces along with grading, drainage, water, sewer and roadway plans
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate
Qualified candidates are encouraged to APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration.
Founded in 1995, Bowman is a multi-disciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of energy, infrastructure, real estate, and environmental management solutions to customers who own, develop, and maintain the built environment. Bowman's staff of technical experts have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of project challenge. We command comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Bowman is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.