Civil Co-Op (Signals/Traffic) - Fort Washington, PA
Fort Washington, PA 19034
A cooperative work experience (supplementing an undergraduate or graduate program of study) providing an introduction to land and site design and development.
Leadership and Direction
- Perform work under direct supervision of an experienced professional and follow established procedures and clearly defined processes.
At the Operational and Company Level
- Interact with multiple departments and peers within the organization and participate in co-op program learning and development opportunities.
Do the Work
- Assist Team Leader with all aspects of project scope to include site grading, erosion and sediment control design, CAD design and drafting, storm water management design, water treatment, traffic analysis and/or utility design.
- Assist with field inspections.
- Be involved with the construction administration (RFI/Submittal) responsibilities.
Success Metrics and Competencies
Ideal candidate will consistently demonstrate...
- Willingness and eagerness to learn.
- Self-starter with the tenacity to seek out resources to further knowledge and experience.
- The ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication with all levels, both internal and external.
- Highly motivated and problem-solving attitude.
- Have a sense of urgency in responding to constituents.
- Be results oriented, with a strong work ethic and commitment to perfection.
- Promote the reputation of the company through the quality of the work.
Education, Work Experience, Licensure/Certifications, and Technical Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be enrolled in community college courses, a college degree program or other formal continuing education program.
- Focus on civil engineering or related discipline is strongly preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- Partly indoor professional office environment which may include bright/dim light, noise, fumes, odors, and traffic.
- Mobility around an office environment.
- Frequent and prolonged use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Partly outdoor work environment which may include adverse weather conditions, varying temperatures, excessive noise, and/or potential hazards.
- Occasional lifting or carrying up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional pushing or pulling up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional reaching outward or above shoulder.
Note: While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, it is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary at any time with or without notice.