Civil Designer II - Alpharetta, GA
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Responsible for the design phases related to projects for the land development industry.Design work includes site, grading, utility, wastewater systems, storm water systems, road work, and flood studies/mitigation.
At the Operational and Company Level
- Work closely with more senior staff members to learn and assist in design work.
Do the Work
- Complete work according to standard engineering principles and practices and compliance with company standards and quality system procedures.
- Create and document concepts, sketches, models, layouts, submittals, instructions, and complete production packages.
- Identify and resolve incomplete or conflicting design inputs.
- Perform design calculations, prepare material and equipment specifications, and provide preliminary sketches and notes for drawings.
- May coordinate the design work for a project.
- May act in a lead role over some drafters.
- Be self-reliant and able to operate independently.
- Works effectively with internal leaders as well as external clients.
- Have a sense of urgency in responding to constituents.
- Have a strong element of quality control / attention to detail at all levels.
- High school diploma or GED. Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years' drafting and engineering technician experience in the land development industry.
- Must be proficient with Civil 3D design software.
- Experience with computer applications and design software such as AutoCAD, Microsoft office, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in working effectively with government officials, clients, and staff members.
- Indoor Work
- Operating Computer
- Lift/Carry 21-50 lbs
- Push/Pull 26-40lbs
- Squat or Kneel
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.