Civil Designer III - Atlanta, GA (Alpharetta)
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Responsible for the design phases related to projects for the land development industry.
Design work includes site, grading, utility, wastewater systems, storm water systems, road work, and flood studies/mitigation.
Leadership and Direction
- Guide junior professionals and technical personnel on the design and drafting of preliminary and final plans.
At the Operational and Company Level
- Work closely with more senior staff members to learn and assist in design work.
Do the Work
- Plan and conduct complete projects with diverse designs.
- Act in lead role over other designers and/or drafters.
- Create and document concepts, sketches, models, layouts, submittals, instructions, and complete production packages.
- Identify and resolve incomplete or conflicting design inputs.
- Perform design calculations, prepare material and equipment specifications, and provide sketches and notes for drawings.
- Independently resolve problems encountered by selecting and interpreting information from various engineering resources.
- Be self-reliant and able to operate independently.
- Works effectively with internal leaders as well as external clients.
- Have a sense of urgency in responding to constituents.
- Have a strong element of quality control / attention to detail at all levels.
- High School Degree or GED.
- Minimum of five to seven (5-7) years' experience and proficiency in detail design work within the land/site development industry.
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD and Civil 3D design software.
- Experience with computer applications and design software, such as AutoCAD, Microsoft office, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple design projects and meet client deadlines.
- Ability to apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria on moderately complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills in working effectively with government officials, clients, and staff members.
- Indoor Work
- Operating Computer
- Lift/Carry 21-50 lbs
- Push/Pull 26-40lbs
- Squat or Kneel
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.