Civil Engineer I - Herndon, VA
Herndon, VA 20171
Civil Engineer I - Herndon, VA
Bowman is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our growing team. Use your Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and your exceptional problem-solving abilities while working side by side with senior engineers and partners to design and engineer residential and commercial land development projects.
At Bowman, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That's why a career at Bowman is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize the initial civil design approach for assigned phases of large land/site development
- Complete civil engineering work for assigned phases of large land/site development
- Assist with the development of plans, specifications, and reports
- Provide technical assistance in the resolution of design problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project
- Serve as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams on basic project issues
- Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- EIT Certification preferred.
- 0-2 years' experience in land/site development design and engineering
- Experience with computer applications/design software including Civil3D in a professional or academic setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively participate as part of a project team.
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate
For immediate consideration, please apply now and include cover letter with salary requirements.
Founded in 1995, Bowman is a multi-disciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of energy, infrastructure, real estate, and environmental management solutions to customers who own, develop, and maintain the built environment. Bowman's staff of technical experts have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of project challenge. We command comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Bowman is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.