Civil Engineer II - Ft Lauderdale, FL
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Engineer II - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Bowman is seeking a Civil Engineer II to join our growing team. Use your Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and your exceptional problem-solving abilities while working side by side with senior engineers, clients, and partners to design and engineer residential and commercial land development projects.
At Bowman, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That's why a career at Bowman is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
A successful Civil Engineer II will:
- Work with senior level engineers; clients and agencies; subcontractors; and design teams on moderately complex engineering project issues
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria on moderately complex projects
- Make design recommendations, adaptations, and modifications
- Plan, schedule, conduct and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work
- Complete design work using computer-aided software including Civil3D
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning the direction of assigned projects
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates
- Assist in training and assigning work to junior engineers and CAD staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in civil engineering; land development or related industry experience strongly preferred
- EIT Certification required; PE eligibility preferred; PE License strongly preferred
- Experience with computer applications and design software such as Civil3D/AutoCAD, HydroCAD, etc.
- Solid background in drainage design including hydrologic and hydraulic analysis
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate
Qualified candidates are encouraged to APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration.
Founded in 1995, Bowman is a multi-disciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of energy, infrastructure, real estate, and environmental management solutions to customers who own, develop, and maintain the built environment. Bowman's staff of technical experts have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of project challenge. We command comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Bowman is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.