Civil Engineer III - Atlanta, GA
Alpharetta, GA 30005
Civil Engineer III - Atlanta, GA
Are you a critical thinker and problem solver looking to put your Civil Engineering degree to work? The talented Bowman team has an opening for a Civil Engineer III ready to make an immediate impact. This is the perfect opportunity for an engineer who likes to work closely with other exceptional professionals to tackle design and engineering challenges related to residential and commercial land development projects.
At Bowman, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That's why a career at Bowman is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
A qualified Civil Engineer III will:
- Use advanced techniques, theory precepts and practices in the civil engineering field and related sciences and disciplines
- Serve as a lead in the technical direction over other less experienced engineers and provide direction, guidance and delegation of assignments
- Serve as technical specialist and liaison between clients and agencies; subcontractors, and design teams on complex project issues
- Make design recommendations, adaptations, and modifications
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work
- Carry out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved civil engineering techniques or procedures to create new or refined equipment, materials, processes or methods
- Create own design work using computer-aided or manual drafting techniques
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning the direction of projects
- Perform field investigation or inspections
- Conduct constructability reviews or assists in the design/plan/review of other civil engineering projects
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates
- Assist in recruiting and training younger staff and CAD drafters
- Assist with the marketing of the firm's capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline required
- PE License in Georgia
- Minimum of five (5) years' engineering experience; land development or related industry preferred
- Experience with design and modeling software such as Civil3D/AutoCAD, HEC-RAS, HydroCAD, SWMM, Carlson, etc.
- Experience reading construction plans
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively with government officials, clients and staff members
- Experience in financial analysis
- Self-starter with focus on quality and excellence in work product
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration.
Founded in 1995, Bowman is a multi-disciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of energy, infrastructure, real estate, and environmental management solutions to customers who own, develop, and maintain the built environment. Bowman's staff of technical experts have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of project challenge. We command comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Bowman is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.