Geodetic Analyst, GIS Center (1282)
Idaho State University
Pocatello, ID 83209
Geodetic Analyst, GIS Center (1282)
Pocatello - Main
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution, with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community!
This full-time position will support the GIS Training and Research Center's (GIS TReC) long standing geodetic coordination efforts with Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) and the National Geodetic Survey (NGS). The goal of this project is to make strides toward modernizing and maintaining the National Spatial Reference System (NSRS) and meet the needs of the National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI) throughout Idaho. In addition, this position will advance the geospatial education and research capabilities at Idaho State University (ISU) for both undergraduate and graduate students and provide outreach to the geospatial community.
The successful candidate will report to ISU's GIS Director and serve as the point of contact for questions and guidance regarding geodesy and geodetic control in the State of Idaho. The individual will:
- Be a resource providing geodetic guidance to geospatial professionals including Professional Land Surveyors (PLS) working in Idaho.
- Maintain the Multi-state Control Point Database (MCPD).
- Have demonstrated expertise in working with and communicating spatial data, geodetic data/applications, and land surveying
- Perpetuation and maintenance of NGS horizontal control points and vertical benchmarks for Idaho, including using Translev and WinDesc software to finalize submittals to the NGS.
- Planning of geodetic control projects in partnership with ITD.
- Establishment, maintenance, and training in calibration baselines with the ITD.
- Maintenance/upgrade of GPS/GNSS base stations (CORS) in Idaho.
- Other geodesy/geodetic duties as assigned.
- BS in Geodesy, Geomatics, GIS, Engineering, Surveying, or closely related discipline.
- At least one year of experience in Geodesy, Geomatics, GIS or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in geodesy.
- Understanding of control point networks, (e.g., MCPD, NGS IDB, NSDI, GCDB).
- Experience with ArcGIS Pro geospatial software and Trimble or Leica GNSS receivers.
- PLS licensure or the ability to obtain PLS license in the State of Idaho within two years of appointment.
- MS or PhD in Geodesy, Geomatics, GIS, Engineering, Surveying, or closely related discipline.
- Experience successfully submitting field data to the NGS for geodetic leveling or publishing reset monuments.
You must submit the following to be considered for this position:
This position will remain open until it is filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to March 3, 2024. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Names and contact information of three professional references
- Cover letter describing how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position
- Statement of your career goals (can be included in the cover letter)
Posting Number: req1924
Type: Working 12 months per year
Position: Non-classified Staff
Division: Office for Research
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email email@example.com.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
To apply, visit https://isu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/1924?c=isu
Copyright Â©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency