Manager Surveys Mapping & Field Service PSEGLI
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
Manager of Survey has overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the Division. Provides supervision of field and office operations, safety, and direction of survey and real estate employees. Manager Is responsible for the speedy and accurate consummation of land surveying projects, involving property, route, hydrographic, construction , topographic, high order precision control (G.P.S.) and special surveys as requested. Special surveys include knowledge of HYPACK software, electronic depth sounding equipment, precise leveling methods and the other specialized equipment (RTK_GPS). Initiates specific policy with respect to field procedures, work methods and specific policy with respect to office procedures. Thoroughly knowledgeable in the use of land surveying equipment, methods, and techniques including title search. Provide a wide range of surveying services including storm surge modeling and projections. Develops consistent practices, procedures and specifications to provide surveying and real estate services in the most efficient and professional manner. Assures the quality and accuracy of survey data collected and processed. Provide a wide range of surveying and real estate services to internal departments, including Engineering, Legal, Environmental, and Projects Management. Coordinate and direct surveying and real estate activities to support the construction and maintenance of transmission and distribution facilities, substations, buildings and other facilities associated with LIPA's electric system.
Education and Qualifications:
· New York State Professional Land Surveying License is required.
· A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
· Minimum of 10 years surveying experience including 5 years management experience all working under a Professional Land Surveyor.
· In depth knowledge of Electric Utility business operations, policies, and practices.
· In depth knowledge of survey professions' practices, standards, legislation and NYS Education Law, Article 145, Professional Engineering and Land Surveying requirements.
· Expert within survey field with extensive and significant knowledge of and broad technical depth in Land Surveying profession
· In depth knowledge of storm surge assessment practices including modeling software (i.e. WaterRIDE), FEMA flood maps, base flood elevation, flood zones and NOAA's current trends within the Professional Engineering and Land Surveying profession.
· This position requires driving to company locations and off-site assignments and events, applicants must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
· Demonstrated ability to lead the implementation of professional land surveying and real estate services through the management of surveying and real estate teams and consult with other groups in order to ensure land surveying and real estate services is fit for purpose and benefits PSEGLI.
· Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop a professional team of surveyors and real estate representatives. Will be required to prioritize work and allocate resources to ensure survey and real estate results are delivered in line with expectations and customer needs.
Immigration Support will not be provided in association with this position now or in the future
To apply please visit the PSEG Long Island Career site at: https://jobs.pseg.com/