Project Manager Water/Wastewater - Williamsburg, VA
Williamsburg, VA 23186
To execute through administration, technical and management techniques assigned projects to ensure the successful completion, on time and within allocated budget.
Leadership and Direction
- Supervise work of all project personnel to ensure that it meets the highest professional standards.
- Provide mentorship through counsel, guidance, and knowledge to junior staff.
At the Operationaland Company Level
- Assist with the marketing of the firm's capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients.
- Coordinate with other internal departments to meet project requirements.
Do the Work
- Perform project development for complex projects, including finalizing scope of projects, preparing bid summaries, preparing project budgets and cost estimates.
- Prepare and direct preparation of designs, specification, plans, estimates and reports for projects.
- Review job cost sheets and prepare monthly billings. Ensure assigned projects stay within budget allocation.
- Responsible for the monitoring and management of work-in-process, billings, and outstanding accounts receivable collection efforts.
- Maintain healthy client relationships and possess solid operational insight for driving projects and executing deliverables.
- Conceptualize the initial civil design approach for assigned phases of large land/site development and/or civil engineering work
- Maintain close relationships with clients to resolve all project questions including technical requirements, completion requirements and billing inquiries
- Assist with marketing presentations and attend marketing meetings
- Assist team leader in securing repeat business from existing clients and identifying new clients
- Supervise work of project personnel to ensure that it meets the highest professional standards
- Liaise with clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams on projects
- Review project changes, pending or anticipated alterations to the contract, additional work requests, and all other factors, which may significantly affect staffing requirements or budget
- Provide technical assistance in the resolution of design problems including field investigation or inspections, detailed design work, detailed review of design computations done by others and general coordination of design aspects
- Review job cost sheets and assist with preparation of monthly billings.
- Drive the profitability and growth of projects.
- Be self-reliant and able to operate independently with limited direction.
- Understand and accurately interpret financial reports and metrics.
- Be a self-starter with strong marketing/business development.
- Be a "citizen" of the larger organization, breaking down barriers and silos.
- Outstanding client management skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Five to Seven (5=7) years' experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with computer applications and design software.
- Familiarity with reading construction plans.
- Thorough understanding of business and financial principles in a consulting business.
- Experience with water/wastewater systems, water treatment, water distribution, pump stations and operations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel.
- Experience with software such as AutoCAD, Civil3D, hydraulic modeling.
- Indoor Work
- Outdoor Work
- Lift/Carry 21-50lbs
- Excessive Noise
- Exposure to Hazards
- Extreme Temperatures
- Reach Outward
- Reach above shoulder
- Push/Pull 26-40lbs
- Squat or Kneel
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.