Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Remote Sensing, GIS, Remote Sensing / GIS Integration, GIS Modeling & Simulation, Spatial and Biophysical Modeling, Fire Behavior Modeling, Computer Mapping and GIS Applications for Natural Resources
· Experience in Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) collection and processing
· Programming experience in Python, EML, IDL or similar to automate processes
· Ability to work across multiple technology disciplines
· Experience planning and managing GIS projects
· Strong organizational and data management skills
· Desire to continue learning in the fields of remote sensing, spatial analysis and conservation science
Minimum Training and Experience
· BS in remote sensing, geospatial science, GIS or physical science or similar with specific coursework or relevant work experience in remote sensing, image processing, GIS, geography, forestry ecology of fire behavior; This position requires: 1) Professional knowledge of the theories, principles, concepts, practices, standards, and methods of geography and natural resources to assume duties related to the analysis of relationships between various natural resources, and apply established geospatial analysis processes, protocols and solutions to support project objectives; 2) Knowledge of geospatial technology (e.g., ArcGIS; image processing; remote sensing) sufficient to apply established methods and procedures; 3) Skill in programming languages used for data analysis and processing (e.g., Python, Matlab, R, GDAL); 4) Knowledge of cartographic principles and conventions sufficient to create maps for internal and external use displaying natural resource data, highlight particular analysis results, and convey basic geospatial information. and network equipment.
· Ability to document and convey technical information to technical and non-technical users in written reports and oral presentations.
· Willingness to learn new concepts and skills.
Reports to GIS/Information Technology Program Director Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Application Requirements:
o Cover Letter
o Minimum of 3 professional references with current contact information
o Current salary or acceptable salary range
** Only email applications and questions about the position. No phone calls please.