Right of Way Agent II - Wheeling, WVA
Charleston, WV, WV 25301
Right of Way Agent II - Postion may be located in Wheeling, WVA or Moundsville, WVA
Performs all aspects of right-of-way and real estate related activities, negotiating favorable terms to various land and right-of-way related agreements secured on behalf of the company's client, including the acquisition, relinquishment and modification of easements, fee land purchases, permit rights, encroachments resolutions and settlements of damage claims of company's client.
- Identifies land ownership from public records.
- Researches, reviews, analyzes titles; identify defects.
- Negotiates the acquisition of right-of-way, easements, and other property interest, on the company's client behalf.
- Reviews, prepares, analyzes, interprets all Land and Right-of-Way related agreements, deeds, easements, leases, permits, and licenses.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1-year (1-) Customer Service or related experience required
- 2-years' (2) in performing aspects of land and right-of-way acquisition, preferred
- Intermediate computer skills in various Microsoft Applications, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience reading construction plan/profile, preferred
- Satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company and a current, valid State driver's license.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Self-reliant and able to operate independently with limited direction.
- Be able to successfully perform multiple tasks in a fast paced and fluid environment.
- Ability to work nights/weekends
- Ability to work in outdoor environment
- Ability to obtain Real Estate License in state, if required
At Bowman, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That's why a career at Bowman is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
Founded in 1995, Bowman is a multi-disciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of energy, infrastructure, real estate, and environmental management solutions to customers who own, develop, and maintain the built environment. Bowman's staff of technical experts have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of project challenge. We command comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Bowman is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.