Senior Commissioning Agent - Remote (Southern California)
Provide MEP (primarily mechanical and electrical) systems commissioning services for all phases of new construction projects as well as retro-commissioning and monitoring-based commissioning of existing facilities. The work for this position will be in Southern California, the greater LA to Pomona area.
Leadership and Direction
- Perform work under very limited supervision requiring the need to exercise independent judgement and discretion on a regular or frequent basis.
- Position does not include direct supervisory responsibilities but will serve as a lead/resource among team of colleagues in equivalent roles to share technical proficiency, guidance, and mentorship. May occasionally assist in delegation of assignments or provide feedback to managers.
At the Operational and Company Level
- Assist with the marketing of the firm's capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients.
- Assist the Project Managers with, or execute, administrative tasks such as billings and projections.
- Coach/mentor new or less experienced agents on the team.
Do the Work
- Manage scope, schedule, and budget for multidiscipline commissioning projects.
- As a lead commissioning agent, manage task work for yourself as well as providing guidance to other commissioning agents and team members supporting the execution of the project.
- Assist in the development of project proposals, budgets, cost standards, and schedules.
- Accurately produce commissioning documents, including but not limited to review comments, commissioning specifications, commissioning plans, meeting minutes, pre-functional checklists, functional test procedures, systems manuals, and commissioning records/reports.
- Perform all tasks related to execution of commissioning, including but not limited to task planning and scheduling, design and document reviews, document development, field observations/inspections, witnessing of start-ups and contractor tests, functional performance testing, training verification and documentation, final reports, warranty inspections, and conducting commissioning meetings.
- Conduct site inspections and prepare field reports during project construction.
- Review project close-out documentation (O&M Manuals).
- Maintain utilization targets.
- Communicate effectively with client, internal project team, sub-consultants, and contractors.
- Organize/prioritize multiple tasks to complete the commissioning tasks in an efficient manner.
- Represent the company professionally at all project-related meetings and inspections.
- Possess general knowledge of all codes applicable to discipline.
Success Metrics and Competencies
Ideal candidate will consistently demonstrate...
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and external partners.
- Highly motivated and problem-solving attitude.
- Strong sense of urgency in responding to constituents.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality.
- Self-reliance and ability to operate independently with limited direction.
- Commitment to promoting the reputation of the company through quality of work.
- Commitment to driving profitability and growth.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple time-sensitive tasks.
Education, Work Experience, Licensure/Certifications, and Technical Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Architectural Engineering strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at executing all tasks of commissioning scope and services, in-house and externally.
- Seven or more (7+) years of experience having demonstrated proficiency and good judgement specifically with commissioning projects.
- Knowledgeable of standard office software tools and use of field tools required to execute commissioning tasks.
- LEED Accreditation preferred but not required.
- Commissioning specific certifications such as an ACG CxA are preferred but not required.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- Primarily indoor professional office environment which may include bright/dim light, noise, fumes, odors, and traffic.
- Mobility around an office environment.
- Frequent and prolonged use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Occasionally outdoor work environment which may include adverse weather conditions, varying temperatures, excessive noise, and/or potential hazards.
- Mobility around a job/construction site to include walking, bending, crawling, climbing, squatting, or kneeling and wearing of required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Range - $90,000 - $140,000, benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
Note: While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, it is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary at any time with or without notice.