Senior Project Manager - Myrtle Beach, SC
Charleston, SC 29401
Manage and lead a team of civil project engineers, designers and/or CAD technicians in planning, scheduling and executing land development projects to ensure assigned projects are completed on time, meting allocated budgets and client's goals and objectives.
Leadership and Direction
- Supervise work of all project personnel to ensure that it meets the highest professional standards.
- Engage, mentor, and motivate junior staff through counsel, guidance, and transfer of knowledge.
- Plans, schedules, or coordinates the preparation of documents or activities for multiple major projects.
At the Operational and Company Level
- Assist with marketing of the firm's capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing developers, builders, and government agencies.
- Coordinate with other internal departments to meet project requirements.
- Keeps informed of new methods and developments affecting the organization and recommends new practices or changes in emphasis of programs.
- Partners with offices across the organization and maintains liaison with individuals and related organizations.
Do the Work
- Applies knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
- Manage competing demands and establish priorities for staff.
- Perform project development for complex land development projects, including finalizing scope of projects, preparing bid summaries, preparing project budgets and cost estimates.
- Prepare and direct preparation of designs, specification, plans, estimates and reports for projects.
- Review job cost sheets and prepare monthly billings. Ensure assigned projects stay within budget allocation.
- Responsible for the monitoring and management of work-in-process, billings, and outstanding accounts receivable collection efforts.
- Maintain healthy client relationships and possess solid operational insight for driving projects and executing deliverables.
- Maintain close relationships with clients to resolve all project questions including technical requirements, completion requirements and billing inquiries.
- Assist with marketing presentations and attend marketing meetings.
- Assist Team Lead, Director, and/or Branch Manager in securing repeat business from existing clients and identifying new clients.
- Supervise work of project personnel to ensure that it meets the highest professional standards.
- Liaise with clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams on projects.
- Review project changes, pending or anticipated alterations to the contract, additional work requests, and all other factors, which may significantly affect staffing requirements or budget.
- Provide technical assistance in the resolution of design problems including field investigation or inspections, detailed design work, detailed review of design computations done by others and general coordination of design aspects.
- Possess flexibility, tact, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Drive the profitability and growth of projects.
- Be self-reliant and able to operate independently with limited direction.
- Understand and accurately interpret financial reports and metrics.
- Be a self-starter with strong marketing/business development.
- Be a "citizen" of the larger organization, breaking down barriers and silos.
- Possess outstanding client management skills.
- Lead project meetings and deliver client presentations.
- Minimum of ten (10+) years' experience within the A/E industry and/or in commercial, residential, or governmental land development, to include 3-5 years project management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, Planning, or related discipline.
- Registered (Licensed) Professional in field of expertise.
- Thorough understanding of business and financial principles in a consulting business. Ability to interpret and accurately apply municipal codes and regulations.
- A proven track record of innovation, leadership, and creativity.
- Demonstrated project management and communication skills.
- Proficient technical and computer skills, to include successfully conducting virtual meetings with staff and clients.
- Proven marketing and business development skills.
- The ability to collaborate and team up with stakeholders across the organization to successfully facilitate the execution of proposals, contracts, and other agreements.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D or similar design software required.
- Indoor work
- Outdoor work
- Lift/Carry 21-50 lbs.
- Operating Computer
- Exposure to Hazards
- Reach Outward
- Reach above Shoulder
- Push/Pull 26-40 lbs.
- Squat or Kneel
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.