Survey CAD Technician I - Pensacola, FL
Pensacola, FL 32501
Assist in the preparation of project deliverables and contract documents in accordance with the company design standards and client requirements.
At the Operational and Company Level
- Work closely with more senior staff members to learn and assist in design work.
Do the Work
- Under supervision, convert all applicable information into electronically generated drawings and project documents with accuracy, neatness and speed.
- Perform horizontal computations for boundary surveys and analyses of field location and record information to determine property lines.
- Draft final house location surveys from survey crew field notes and personal field measurements of building improvements.
- Computes horizontal positions of plan buildings, streets, curbs for stakeouts.
- Check record plats for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting for review.
- Submit plots to county for review.
- Experience to include a thorough knowledge of ALTA Land Title Surveys, topographic surveys, boundary surveys, residential and commercial construction stakeout procedures and practices.
- Candidates must also be able to perform a variety of complex computations for traverse, record plats, boundary surveys, construction stakeouts, horizontal control, etc.
- Be self-reliant and able to operate independently.
- Ability to ask for additional direction and assistance when needed.
- Works effectively with internal leaders as well as external clients.
- Have a sense of urgency in responding to constituents.
- Have a strong element of quality control / attention to detail at all levels.
- High school diploma or GED. Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum one to three (1-3) year's survey and/or CAD experience in the land development/land survey industry.
- Ability to learn basic design concepts and technical calculations.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Surveyor-In-Training certificate preferred.
- Relevant survey license a plus.
- Primary work is for land development related surveys as well as boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, topographic surveys, construction layout, and subdivision (traditional land development work.
- Must be proficient with Carlson and/or Civil 3D.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Indoor Work
- Outdoor Work
- Lift/Carry 21-50 lbs.
- Excessive Noise
- Operating Computer
- Exposure to Hazards
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.