Survey Party Chief - Tampa, FL
Tampa, FL 33602
Perform a variety of field tasks associated with surveying & geospatial data collection.
Leadership and Direction
- Provide mentorship through counsel, guidance and knowledge to junior staff and provide necessary training.
At the Operational and Company Level
- Continuously promote the firm's capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients.
Do the Work
- Provide day-to-day supervision of assigned survey field crew on quality and survey methodology, including training and mentoring of junior level employees.
- Coordinate with contractors to provide survey services.
- Identify controls for property lines and make the appropriate decisions regarding how to proceed with the survey.
- Gather all necessary information needed to properly conduct the survey in the most time efficient manner and assign tasks to crew members.
- Discuss work with clients, as necessary.
- Make calculations and maintain records essential to survey.
- Insure that assigned survey truck is properly maintained.
- Maintain and inventory all assigned equipment.
- Communicate with management to maximize efforts and man-hours.
- Be a self-starter with strong communication and people skills.
- Be a "citizen" of the larger organization, breaking down barriers and silos.
- Be self-reliant and able to operate independently with limited direction.
- Be clear and direct in both verbal and written communications.
- Be results orientated, able to motivate being accountable for the work done by you and your crew
- Practice and promote our core value of safety & well-being, including safety training, safety talks, JSAs, wearing PPE, etc.
- High school diploma or GED. Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years' experience working on a land surveying party.
- Prior Party Chief experience a plus.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of construction stakeout procedures and practices.
- Familiar with field procedures for performing boundary and ALTA/NSPS land title surveys.
- Ability to perform all aspects of data collected field fun topographic surveys, road frontage cross-section surveys and as-built surveys.
- Through knowledge of total station, GPS and data collection, with the ability to adapt to new equipment and technologies.
- Ability to work outside in all seasons.
- Ability to travel and work out of town.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record required. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Valid State Driver's License
- Pass a Motor Vehicle check
- Indoor work
- Outdoor work
- Lift/Carry 21-50lbs
- Excessive Noise
- Operating a computer
- Exposure to Hazards
- Extreme Temperatures
- Reach Outward
- Reach above shoulder
- Push/Pull 26-40lbs
- Squat or Kneel
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)(e.g. vest, gloves, safety glasses, boots, mask, hearing protection, etc.)
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.