Survey Project Manager - Herndon, VA
Herndon, VA 20171
Survey Project Manager- Herndon, VA
Bowman has an opportunity for a Survey Project Manager to join our Herndon, VAoffice to execute through administration, technical and management techniques on multiple surveying projects to ensure the successful completion, on time and within allocated budget.
At Bowman, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That's why a career at Bowman is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved in it. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with prospective clients, prepare proposals and establish budgets and schedules.
- Maintain close liaison with clients to resolve all project questions, such as, but not limited to, technical requirements, completion requirements and billing inquiries.
- Review with Survey Manager all project changes, pending or anticipated alterations to the contract, additional work requests, and all other factors, which may significantly affect staffing requirements or budget.
- Supervise work of all survey project personnel to ensure that it meets the highest professional standards.
- Coordinate with other internal departments to meet project requirements.
- Define the scope of multiple, complex projects and develop plan to accomplish land survey projects. Monitor progress toward deliverable schedules. Compile project status reports.
- Review job cost sheets and prepare monthly billings. Ensure assigned projects stay within budget allocation.
- Collect outstanding monies due from assigned clients.
- Participate in and formulate marketing presentations and attend marketing meetings.
- Secure repeat business from existing clients and identifying new clients.
- Supervise the work of project managers when assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Land Surveying or related field.
- Professional Land Surveying Registration.
- Minimum of seven (7) years land surveying or related land development experience to include a minimum of two years project management experience.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Carlson principles.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and project teams.
- Thorough understanding of financial principles.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration.
Bowman possesses a depth of surveying resources that is unparalleled in our industry. We recognize that timely, accurate and thorough surveying is critical to the success of a project - and we meet those challenges daily by employing the most advanced technology and instrumentation. Our construction layout experience includes both large scale projects that demand significant resources, as well as crowded in-fill projects with extremely tight tolerances. In other cases, we conduct boundary surveys to support complex, rapidly-moving real estate transactions, and perform sophisticated three-dimensional modeling utilizing high definition laser scanning techniques.
Since our founding in 1995, Bowman has provided award-winning service on hundreds of successful projects, each with its own challenges and opportunities. Bowman's engineers, land surveyors and project managers have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of civil engineering challenge. We command comprehensive and up to date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations. We are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Bowman is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.