A career at Galloway provides a unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. Our Full-Spectrum Approach™ to land development services offers all key design disciplines within one company, providing our team with a deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the development process. From survey to land planning, civil engineering, and comprehensive architectural design, our team brings a multidisciplinary mindset to every project. We enjoy daily interaction and coordination among our internal teams, which allows us to build relationships and understand project approaches across disciplines.
“Positivity,” “community” and “collaboration” are a few of the most commonly used words to describe Galloway in our employee surveys, and we think those words truly describe the attributes of our team. We continually strive to provide an exceptional environment that fosters our purpose of “enriching people’s passions.” We are honored to be repeatedly recognized by our employees through numerous awards that include: Top Workplace USA 2021; Denver Post Top Workplace 2018, 2019, 2020; and Denver Business Journal Best Place to Work 2019, 2020.
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation including cash bonuses, education assistance, and a complete package of benefits. We also believe in giving back to our community through numerous outreach events and volunteer activities.
Learn more about Galloway: http://GallowayUS.com/about-us/
About the Position
We are currently seeking a Survey Project Manager to add to our team in Denver, CO. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled and passionate self-starter to work directly with local and national land development projects. The candidate will work in a highly collaborative interdisciplinary office environment.
The Survey Project Manager leads a survey team in the collection, processing, and verification of survey data, preparation of survey drawings, as-builts, and construction stakeout deliverables. Oversees the development of subdivision plats, Records of Survey and LSP’s and client invoicing. This position is also responsible for developing survey opportunities outside clients. This position will also require close coordination with Galloway's internal clients.
- Takes an active role in hiring, coaching, mentoring, and delegating responsibility to less-senior level staff; provides daily “on-the-job” training for team members.
- Responsible for clear communication with Clients in the performance and preparation of all survey services provided.
- Responsible for business development with both external and internal clients.
- Responsible for creating property boundaries for roads, pipelines, facility sites, subdivisions, and other right of ways and easements by visibly marking location boundaries under the direction of the survey project manager.
- Responsible for collection and processing of 3-dimensional field data.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of survey documents and computations associated with boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, topographical surveys, etc.
- Research project information.
- Review and evaluate survey field notes with survey staff.
- Prepare and oversee the survey drawings and descriptions utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or other related software packages as directed.
- Responsible for the preparation and oversight of construction surveying and layout services including:
- Construction plan interpretation.
- Calculations of points, alignments, DXFs, and other data utilizing Civil 3D and other related software to provide to field crews for staking.
- Performance and preparation of construction as-builts.
- Use and understand surveying terminology by reviewing applicable reference materials and location-specific statutes and requirements and by communicating with other survey staff.
- Use and understand surveying procedures and regulations by following appropriate Galloway Standards.