Survey Technician II - Stuart, FL
Stuart, FL 34994
Survey Technician II - Stuart, FL
Bowman has an opportunity for a Survey Technician II to join our survey team. This individual will assist in the preparation of project deliverables and contract documents in accordance with the company design standards and client requirements.
Bowman possesses a depth of surveying resources that is unparalleled in our industry. We recognize that timely, accurate and thorough surveying is critical to the success of a project - and we meet those challenges daily by employing the most advanced technology and instrumentation.
Our construction layout experience includes both large scale projects that demand significant resources, as well as crowded in-fill projects with extremely tight tolerances. In other cases, we conduct boundary surveys to support complex, rapidly-moving real estate transactions, and perform sophisticated three-dimensional modeling utilizing high definition laser scanning techniques.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision, convert all applicable information into electronically generated drawings and project documents with accuracy, neatness and speed.
- Perform horizontal computations for boundary surveys and analyses of field location and record information to determine property lines.
- Draft final house location surveys from survey crew field notes and personal field measurements of building improvements.
- Computes horizontal positions of plan buildings, streets, curbs, etc. for stake-outs.
- Check record plats for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting for review.
- Submit plots to county for review.
- Experience to include a thorough knowledge of ALTA Land Title Surveys, topographic surveys, boundary surveys, residential and commercial construction stakeout procedures and practices.
- Candidates must also have the ability to perform a variety of complex computations for traverse, record plats, boundary surveys, construction stake-outs, horizontal control, etc.
- High school diploma or GED. AS degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years survey and/or CAD experience in the land development/land survey industry.
- Ability to learn basic design concepts and technical calculations.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Surveyor-In-Training certificate preferred.
- Relevant survey license a plus.
- Primary work is for land development related surveys as well as boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, topographic surveys, construction layout, and subdivision (traditional land development work.
- Must be proficient with Carlson and/or Civil 3D.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration.
Founded in 1995, Bowman is a multi-disciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of energy, infrastructure, real estate, and environmental management solutions to customers who own, develop, and maintain the built environment. Bowman's staff of technical experts have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of project challenge. We command comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
At Bowman, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That's why a career at Bowman is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
Bowman is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.