Systems Administrator - Reston, VA
Reston, VA 20191
Systems Administrator - Reston, VA
Provide systems administration to ensure security and function of the company network.
Leadership and Direction (if applicable)
Provide mentorship through counsel, guidance, and knowledge to junior staff
Do the Work
- Maintain email platforms (Exchange, Email security platform).
- Maintain and update SSO, MFA and security platform(s).
- Provide tiered support for other IT staff.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Active Directory and server related functions.
- Document software and hardware procedures.
- Support onsite personnel and remote locations.
- Communicate status of projects on regular basis to manager and other members of management as needed.
- Be self-reliant and able to operate independently.
- Works effectively with other departments and with employees at all levels.
- Measure and analyze activities with focus on improving IT effectiveness.
- Minimum of five (5) years IT experience, with two (2) years System Administrator experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory and Windows based platforms.
- Experience with management of O365 (email, SharePoint, Etc.)
- Experience with routers, firewalls, and VPNs.
- High degree of organization.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with employees at all levels.
Essential Functions/Work Setting/Environment
- Valid State Driver's License
- Pass a motor vehicle check
- Indoor Work
- Lift/Carry 40-80lbs
- Operating Computer
- Reach Outward
- Reach above Shoulder
- Push/Pull 41-100lbs
- Squat or Kneel
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration.
Founded in 1995, Bowman is a multi-disciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of energy, infrastructure, real estate, and environmental management solutions to customers who own, develop, and maintain the built environment. Bowman's staff of technical experts have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of project challenge. We command comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
At Bowman, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That's why a career at Bowman is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
Bowman is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.