Transportation Engineer - Austin, TX
Austin, TX 78746
Transportation Engineer - Austin, TX
Bowman's growing transportation group in Austin, TX has an opening for a mid to senior level Transportation Engineer (PE). A successful candidate will assist the Project Manager providing guidance and training to junior staff as part of the design team for a variety of transportation projects.
- Project management, preparation of traffic studies and the preparation of roadway and highway construction plans (roadway, signal, pavement marking, maintenance of traffic, etc.).
- Supervise and be responsible for the overall directions, coordination, and management of design teams.
- Management of daily plan production of teams, schedule, budget, quality control/assurance, collections, and opportunities.
- QA/QC Review of third-party engineering plans on behalf of agencies, i.e. TXDOT standards.
- Work closely with the Branch Manager and other Project Managers to direct and manage engineering teams in the office and in the field.
- Travel and construction observation in the field required with this position.
- Client interaction, including preparation of new contract proposals, change orders, and attendance at project meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Equivalent.
- Texas Licensed Professional Engineer Required.
- Minimum of five (5) years consulting and/or related Transportation experience to include a minimum of three (3) years project management experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office, AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation is required.
- Familiarity with TXDOT/Federal standards and procedures is required.
- Experience with the preparation of construction plans and/or studies for roadway or traffic projects is required.
- TXDOT Certifications preferred.
- PTOE (Professional Transportation Operations Engineer) preferred.
- Design-Build and/or Public Private Partnership experience is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.
At Bowman, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That's why a career at Bowman is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
Founded in 1995, Bowman is a multi-disciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of energy, infrastructure, real estate, and environmental management solutions to customers who own, develop, and maintain the built environment. Bowman's staff of technical experts have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of project challenge. We command comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Bowman is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.